Saturday, November 1, 2008

Knock Knock.. Here Comes Winter




Woke up this morning with a fresh positivity that i'd been deprived of all through October. October wasnt kind 2 me..I'm sure Nov will be..




Ran to change the calender sheets to NOVEMBER, before anyone else did.. wow!just that made me feel victorious- and why not, I'd mercilessly shooed away dreadful October !!




With November, I declare winter's arrival too.. it isnt even cold yet, not even mildly cool.. but so what, I'm the Queen of my psychology, and i decide when winter begins.. there is something wonderful about the season..In love with it completely..








  1. love that winter glow,early in the morning.. i dunno how, but somehow u actually turn 2 look really radiant and pristine after a good winter nite's sleep.. don't believe me?? check out for yourself..run 2 the mirror first thing in the morning!




  2. love the massive bedspreads, fluffy fleeces, warm comforters, heavy blankets that seemingly crush u under their weight- love 'em.. the heavier the better




  3. love woollens.. oversized pullovers (love my nails barely peeping out from the sleeves..;) ), fitted sweaters , warm socks, carpet slippers- somehow it makes me feel so huggable!!




  4. love the complacency winter infuses into me.. though dad n mum get pissed off with me when i become complacent.. specially when it comes 2 taking a shower.. not that i don't like taking a bath.. its just like winter makes life feel easy-paced... "isra take a shower- what's the hurry mama" kinda attitude!




  5. love physics for once!! why take pains to love the entire subject, maybe i just love what static electricity does to your hair and woolies- the crackles, the sparks, the works !!




  6. love the fact that the sun spares me a few months of tanning.. most people are delighted to see the sun in winters..ahemm...no thanks, i have no plans of joining your occassional winter sun baths!




  7. love the layer over layer of clothes hiding any sign of fat/ flab that may be.. If someone calls me fat in winters all I need say- I'm thin beneath my layers!




  8. Its when i get 2 wear all my oversized clothes... their "oversize" gets hidden under vibrant woollens




  9. I'm not much a dog lover really, but I'm terribly in love with those lil pugs n poodles in funny "dog jackets" and "checked sweaters" fruitlessly trying to keep pace with their masters !!




  10. love the colours of winter- deep misty blue and frosty white..



  11. love food in winter... its when u realise how good warm food tastes..unlike in summers,when everything around you is warm!! plus there's this delicacy called nihari, usually made in winters.. n believe me,its amaaazziiing!!


  12. love that slight shivering, the involuntary jaw movements, the sound of teeth trembling against each other.. as if u've just been switched to a vibrate mode!


  13. love curling up into a warm corner.. makes me feel like a soft ball of wool.. reminds me of 1day old chicks digging among themselves to find their sweet spot..


  14. love my kuppa.. freshly brewed,steaming hot ethiopian coffee.. keep my hands wrapped around the hot mug for as long as it warms up my hands!!


  15. doesnt snow at my place ... though i'd have loved it if it did.. :)

12 comments:

  1. i wish it could get cold here.....

    not to worry....I shall be home on winter

    on second thoughts

    hot girls in skimpy clothes.......bring on the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... you gotta a nice place here girl :)
    And Avril's "Innocence" is one of my all time favorites.

    I promise to come back and read thoroughly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wo.. that was some kinda wonderful description! i would have loved winter if I din have to wake up early morning to go to office :-( Could you imagine how much it pains to wake up at 5 on a winter morning. Atleast for a week every month I have to experiance that pain! And hey, I forgot to tell you last time, this is so cool a template, especially the header pic! If you chose it, I am convinced that you are creative enuf :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love winter ...
    But...You live Delhi ..don't ya?
    There it's killing ain't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ deluded..
    poor manipalis! i wonder how u survive without breaks.. we're home even in the most unheard of festivals!!..

    p.s. to all the innocent under 18s visiting the blog- stay away from "deluded".. (girls in skimpy clothes!!!) ..LOLLLZZZ

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ warmsunshine
    welcome 2 my blog sweetheart.. take your time... happy blogging ;)..!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ sawan..
    u couldnt expect a lazy bum like me to be up n awake at 5am on a dark winter morning!! applause 2 u 2 b able 2 do so!!
    and thanks a million for the compliment :)


    @anurag
    delhi has a really chilly winter.. all tucked up into comforters besides blowers n heaters.. but now that i'm @ hostel in bhopal, i bypass delhi winters for most of the part.. bhopal's worse.. mite b less cold there but then no heaters :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a different style of writing.. so plian and fresh.. i like this style. good.. thanks for visiting my page

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ chriz..
    thnx chriz.. my pleasure.. will do so again :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love winters too yaar!
    Everything about it.. that shivering, those foggy nights, those layers and layers of warm clothes... holding on to warm mugs hehe and lots of things you mentioned here :)

    Yesssss winters are here! They're sooooo romantic aren't they??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Winter certainly has its own beauty. It's only November and it's dark at 6 pm already... it feels like Winter, I tell you...

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey i love winters too... nice blog :)

    ReplyDelete