Thursday, December 11, 2008

I'll Miss You Dadi...


Hospital greens had been the colour of the month

For every time, she was there, they were there to welcome her

Those, and the pungent smell of disinfectants..

Everday, from dawn to dusk, she’d sit alone

The chair in the corner of the waiting hall, she’d made her own..

For they said, she wasn’t old enough to trespass the boundaries of the green curtains beyond the glass doors

Over the month, all she’d seen were nurses rushing in and doctors taking rounds,weary relatives at times..

She knew they had her granny in there, and hopeful granny would call her in one day she waited.. and waited..

When finally today they did call her...

Among a million wires, large monitors and machines she’d never seen..

Among suppressed sobs and sniffs ..

There lay granny..

Peaceful and calm,

Still and serene,

Her face whiter than the shroud that covered her today..





And they thought, she was too little to understand............

12 comments:

  1. *Hugs*

    Awww honey... I'm very sorry to hear about your grandmother's death :(
    May God give you strength! Ameen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. may the divine soul rest in peace. heartfelt condolences on this moment of grief, isra! take care..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its always a painful experience to lose a loved one... God bless her soul... take care Isra...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dont have words to say much....miss talking, sharing...knowing you...hearig kuch nahi...sorry...n most of all u..ISRA...miss you yaar...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The chair in the corner of the waiting hall, she’d made her own.. awwww.
    no words.... take care .
    HUGSSS>>

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isru ,
    That got me all misty eyed .

    I still can't believe that she is not there anymore . 294 , Patliputra Colony will never be the same again.

    I hope and pray that wherever she is now , she is happy . I can almost picture her still sitting in her chair , drinking some fanta ,searching for her medicines in her little red box and singing.
    I know that was a long time ago...but that is how I will always like to remember nani amma.

    Love ,
    Zaib

    ReplyDelete
  8. simply touching!! may peace be upon her...

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Amma, She is always there for me, in peace. I always miss her. She waited for me when she heard I was coming. I always asked her -Amma what should I bring for you and she would say I just want to see you.When last time she opened her eyes-she looked at me and I said-Amma I am here and I could see her nod in peace.I am now short of words because she was everything for us.
    Kamal

    ReplyDelete