Sunday, September 7, 2008

HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY- 05.09.2008


Dear teacher
Accept this as a token of gratitude ,
From me to you..
I thank you for helping me recompose the priorities in life,
I thank you for adding dimensions to it,
I thank you for giving me the impetus to realise my true potential,
I thank you for bringing out my hidden ambitions
For that sympathetic pat when i was low
For that thumbs up when i succeeded
For that word of concern, when i knew not where to go
For that rebuke, that corrected my mistake..
I saw a path
But knew not where it led..
You gave me the inspiration,
To tread ahead..
Today, i know i will triumph
I will triumph for you are with,
I will triumph for you have helped me realise that almost reckless confidence in me..
I will triumph for you have taught me to channel that confidence to take on new challenges and old fears
I will triumph for, dear teacher, you are there for me with hands outstretched every time i stumble and fall.
I can’t’ promise i’ll rule the world..
I can’t promise i’ll rise above expectations..
I can’t promise i’ll always succeed..
But what i shall promise.......
I promise i’ll give you the achiever in me
I promise to never let you down
I promise i won’t rest till there’s work to be done
And i promise,
In this ambitious young adult
Lies a modern day doctor..
Waiting to spring out..
And when she does spring out;
She’ll be nothing short of the best
Because thats what you want her to be.
A million thanks won’t suffice for the person you’ve made me
Happy teacher’s day - 2008

9 comments:

  1. very honest and expressive...
    just like the isra i've always known...keep up the good work girl....

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy teachers day?awesome post!!thx 4 the comment u wrote on my blog,it's really mean a lot 2 me..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ tulika
    thanks for the encouragement sweetheart...remember the teacher's day functns v had at nda...!! the best part of it all was prolly the cake v got 2 eat{wink wink!!]

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ hana
    thanx hana.. your post was really touching.. im glad my comment brightened your day.. enjoy dear

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ think tank
    hey farro!!
    thanks dearie... i'd written it for a college banner on teacher's day..!! aaj lady shakespeare ne khud comment kiya hamare blog par!! am i blessed or what!! :)..
    miss u... cu soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome! great i run my school's unofficial school blog & last posted about my teachers too.
    visit: http://auxiliumconvent.blogspot.com
    i love the way you have summarized the entire essence that teachers are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ vidhyuth
    thnx dear..i'll shortly comment on ur blog.. hope skool's treating u well... njoi

    ReplyDelete
  8. date 4-9-2008
    i told isra write something about our teachers on teachers day..she said "likh lungi"...

    date 5-9-2008
    time aprox 1 am..
    i asked isra "kuch likha?"
    she said no mood nahi hai.want to sleep abhi.
    around 2am on same date
    isra called me n said "maine three page ka likha dala"
    i said what? she replies "just pen down my feeling"
    this is bestest wala best n true feeling about teacher on teacher's day by a sweet lil student..
    grt work bachche....
    keep it up....

    ReplyDelete